Keeping Warm Is a Crucial Part of Winter Apparel for Men
"Keeping warm is a crucial part of winter apparel for men." This may sound like an obvious statement, but it's something that many people forget to do.
The cold-weather months are always the hardest to dress for because they require layering up to stay warm all day long. If you're not careful about how you put your clothes on, then you could end up with a surplus of layers or none at all.
Whether you're going to work, on a hike, or simply walking around town, there are ways that men can keep warm no matter what the temperature is. You have to find the balance between staying comfortable and being fashionable. Here is what every man needs to stay warm in winter.
Important Clothing Items for Winter for Men
If you’re going to stay warm in winter, you need to start with the right apparel. That means all men need:
- Coat/Jackets - Not only coat warm, but they also keep the rain off of your back. If you want to look great in winter, you must find a coat or jacket that matches your style. There are different styles for everyone, including trench coats and wool pea coats. You can make any color work by simply matching them with appropriate colors like grey, black or blue to create an outfit worth writing about.
- Hats & Scarves - When it comes to winter, hats are an absolute must. You can't just wear a hat in the fall or spring because you'll need them throughout all of the cold-weather months. The trick is layering your clothes so that you have little room for the wind to blow through and keep warm. There's nothing worse than feeling like your ears might fall off from frostbite. Wear scarves, beanies, and any other kind of hat with pride this season. A good scarf is also very important. It not only keeps warmth around our necks, but we can use them as an accessory when wearing coats and jackets. They can add a bit of color and style to any outfit, but it's always best when they match.
- Shoes - Make sure that you're wearing appropriate shoes for the winter months as well. There is nothing worse than having cold feet all day long because your loafers aren't suitable for this time of year. Wear boots with thick soles like Timberlands or combat boots to avoid slipping on ice patches while walking around town. It's also important to make sure that they aren't too bulky and fit comfortably.
There’s plenty of great brands that offer up some great items. Some of them include:
- Asos - Asos has a wide range of coats and jackets to fit any style. They also offer different styles like beanies, scarves, or hats with ear flaps, depending on what you need this season.
- Burberry - Burberry is a staple for men who want to look stylish and classy.
- H&M - H&M also has jackets that can fit any style, but their best line of winter wear is called "Arket."
- Amazon - Amazon has a wide range of hats to fit any style, whether you're going casual or classy.
- Gucci - As one of the most popular brands in fashion, Gucci has a wide range of scarves for very stylish men.
- Gap - They have everything from the classic plaid scarf to designer scarves like Alexander McQueen.
- Ralph Lauren - They not only look great but feel luxurious when wrapped around your necks during cold days.
- Herschel Supply Co.- Herschel has a wide range of colorful patterns and styles available to fit every outfit possible this winter season.
- Timberland - For men who are always on the go, Timberlands are perfect because not only do they keep your feet warm, but they provide safety features.
- Hunter Boots - Hunter boots aren't just great shoes for walking through puddles or snowdrifts. These stylish booties also come with reflective paint so that drivers can see us.
Winter Apparel for Winter Travel Destinations
If you’re going traveling in the winter, then you need to make sure that you have the right items. Don’t forget these items:
- Trench Coats: Trenches are always a staple for men year-round. They look great on any body type, and you can dress them up or down depending on what your plans may be this winter season.
- Leather Jackets: Leather jackets ooze masculinity, so they work well not only as casual wear but also as dressed up. When wearing leathers, make sure that they are fitted to your body type.
- Suits/Suit Jackets: If you're wearing suits during this time of year, it's important that they have thick lining and come with extra padding on the shoulder area.
- Button-up Shirts: For winter, long sleeve button ups offer better protection against harsh winds compared to short sleeve ones.
- Jeans: It is best to wear jeans with thicker fabrics or denim because they offer more protection from harsh winds.
- Crew Neck Sweaters: Crewneck sweaters can be paired up with dress pants so that we still appear sartorial when the cold weather hits.