The Bahamas Has Been a Top Notch Vacation Destination for Decades
The Caribbean is well known to house some of the best islands to visit in the entire world. There are so many first class tropical islands that it can be difficult to decide which one is right for your vacation.
One option that almost always rises to the top is the Bahamas. The Bahama chain of islands is for more than just your pretty mama. The Bahamas is a first class travel destination loaded with culture and beautiful views. Taking a trip to the Bahamas may end up as the trip of a lifetime. This article is going to focus on some of the facets of the Bahamas. It will take a brief look at some of the best sites, as well as some of the best accommodations. Keep in mind this is obviously only a very small fraction of what there is to see in the Bahamas. Hopefully it may whet your appetite for a visit though.
The Must See Sites and Attractions
Ranging throughout its 700 island chain, the Bahamas has some fantastic activities and must-see and do sights and locations. To greatly enhance their Bahama vacation experience, visitors thoroughly enjoy:
- The Beaches - Naturally, 700 islands in this year-round temperate climate yields a great number of beaches, so much so that many of them are "themed" for attracting specific crowds of tourists. Any water sport or avocation will in some ways have beaches associated with them. One beach, in Lucayan National Park named Gold Rock Beach, was featured in two "Pirates of the Caribbean" movies. There are special beaches here specific to snorkeling, horseback riding, and other enjoyable activities, truly befitting the "fun in the sun" feeling and atmosphere out here.
- Snorkeling and Diving - There are numerous sinkholes, underwater caves, and beautiful reefs surrounding the islands, enough for snorkelers and divers of any age and experience level to enjoy. Colorful fish, as well as sharks, dolphins, Nassau grouper, stingrays, sea turtles, and other species are common sights in this region. From shallow areas ideal for snorkeling all the way up to renowned dive sites like the 6,000 foot-deep Tongue of the Ocean, it's great fun and adventure for everyone.
- Jet Boat Tours - Traditional, slow boat tours are okay, but why not take your boat ride to the most extreme level with a thrilling, unforgettable jet boat tour. Riders will experience 180 degree spins, amazing slides, and wild fishtailing as the tour cruises through Nassau Harbor, speeding around Paradise Island's coastline.
As a major international tourist destination, the Bahamas boasts of many superior-quality, highly-rated Resort options Among the finest include:
- Rosewood Baha Mar - This magnificent 5-star resort and spa has amenities that include superior butler service, pool and beach service, luxury vehicle transfer, and much more. The Penthouse Suite is world-renowned, an elegant three bedroom, 2668 square foot spread with epic views of the sea.
- Grand Hyatt Baha Mar - This amazing facility sports eight pools, golf and tennis facilities, a wildlife sanctuary, and kayaking and snorkeling. Also featured here is high-end shopping. Baha Bay, opening July 2, 2021, is a marvelous 15-acre luxury beachfront waterpark, directly adjacent to Baha Mar Resort, whose resort guests enjoy exclusive and unlimited access to it.
- The Cove at Atlantis - Located on Paradise Island, this resort, nestled between two private beaches, features 20 private cabanas, butler service included for luxury suites and an adults only pool. In addition, hotel guests get admission to Aquaventure, Atlantis Paradise Island's 141-acre super water park. This park features 11 swimming pools, 20 swimming areas, a one-mile long river ride with wave surges and rolling rapids, and thrilling high-speed water slides.