Smoothing Out the Curves You Don&'t Love is What Shapewear is All About
We've all been there where we're standing in front of the mirror and hating on our unflattering bulges and unwanted pockets of fat. Unfortunately, most people simply think that they have to massively change their diet and exercise program to achieve a look in the mirror that they're proud of. This simply isn't the case.
There's a way that one can enjoy looking at themself in the mirror today. There's no need for one to change their eating habits or exercise routines unless they want to. The answer to getting the sexy look that anyone wants is shapewear. For those who have never heard of this type of product before, you're really missing out. In fact, it's highly likely that others around you are using shapewear to get their flattering body shape without you even knowing it.
Types of Shapewear
Shapewear is simply defined as an undergarment that is intended to smooth out one's figure and create a more flattering silhouette. Both men and women all around the world utilize shapewear to boost their confidence levels. There are various types of shapewear that you can get depending on your specific goals.
- Tummy Shapers - Tummy shapers are one of the most popular types of shapewear out there as they help to sculpt and define your waistline. Also referred to as waist cinchers, tummy shapers come in a variety of different compression levels and materials.
- Butt and Hip Shapers - Another popular type of shapewear is designed to shape a person's butt and hips to make their stomach and thighs appear more slimming. Specialty butt and hip shapers are available with extra padding to enhance a person's natural butt shape.
- Bodysuits - The bodysuit is an absolute favorite for both men and women looking to create a more contoured look for their whole body. These bodysuits provide a large area of coverage ranging from one's thighs and buttock to their upper back and chest. Bodysuits are a great option for those who find that their body's natural shape causes other types of shapewear to fall down or bunch up.
- Vests and Camis - Shapewear that specifically targets the upper body is known as a vest for men and cami for women. Both camis and vests work to smooth out the torso and create a more seamless transition to the lower body.
Just like any other type of clothing, there are many different brands on the market. Some are great, and others are lacking. Fortunately, we're going to share some of the most popular brands that people prefer below.
- SKIMS - When it comes to shapewear, one of the most popular brands on the market today is SKIMS. While the brand has extended to offer loungewear and underwear, it built its name on creating comfortable shapewear. Kim Kardashian West, the founder of SKIMS, is one of the main brains behind creating shapewear for every body type.
- Honeylove - Another popular shapewear brand is Honeylove, and it's geared towards women of all shapes and sizes. Honeylove focuses on comfort and quality with its durable shapewear offerings.
- Spanx - A great company that offers reliable shapewear for both men and women is Spanx. With multi-levels of compression known as smoothing, shaping, or sculpting, buyers have their pick of the perfect shapewear option for their bodies.
Shapewear is becoming the new norm for both men and women who want to enhance their looks. With so many different types of shapewear, it's easier than ever before to smooth out those unpleasant bulges and get that sexy feeling of self-confidence.